You’re stuck in a rut, everything, even the smallest of tasks seems nearly impossible, even pointless. You have no desire to reach your goals, no energy to fulfil yours dreams and not only that but you can’t even be bothered to do the simplest of tasks.
Here are 10 great ways to get motivated.
1. Think about how you will feel. Imagine the feeling you will have once you have completed something or achieved a goal, vividly picture completing it in your mind. How great does it feel? And it’s only effort getting in your way!
2. Do it alone. Contrary to popular belief, trying to achieve goals with others may actually be holding you back. Doing something on your own will give you a bigger sense of satisfaction, plus if the other person isn’t motivated either there is no chance for either of you.
3. Start small. Choose a goal and break it into smaller steps, each day complete a step and before you know it you will have reached your goal. The first step can be as small as sorting out your work space or thinking of business name ideas.
4. Write it down; Draw it, make a huge mood board, set up an organisation chart. Do whatever you like, but write it down somewhere, so that you can follow your progress. Plus writing it down is a good first step in itself.
5. Tell someone about your goal and get them to ask you how you’re doing each day or each week. Set a specific day where they ask you what progress you have made, and of course you will want to have something to tell them, which will encourage you to get things done and not disappoint.
6. Say goodbye to negative thoughts. And I mean all of them. Every single time you think you can’t do it or maybe you won’t be as good as someone else, stop. You will never know until you try, and that also goes for others saying negative things to you. Don’t let anyone discourage you, no matter how close they are to you, they don’t know what your capable of.
7. Stop caring what others think. Nothing will stop you in your tracks more than the worry of what others think. You may be surprised to know that most people won’t even notice and many people will actually wish they had the motivation to do the same.
8. Feel good. Eat well, exercise, dress well, everyday get up and make sure you feel great about yourself. It’s a no brainer, if we feel better, we become more motivated; if we are feeling low, we simply don’t have the energy.
9. Look for inspiration. Is there someone you aspire to? Imagine how much work they have had to put in to get where they are and remember, they started just where you are too. If they can do it, so can you.
10. Reward yourself. Write a list of rewards you are going to treat yourself with after completing each step of your goal. It can be anything from; having some cake or booking a holiday. Work towards the reward and achieving the goal will come naturally, we all like to win and you will want to win that reward.