“My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice” Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – Newt Scamander
We all worry from time to time but there are some of us that worry considerably more than others, in some cases taking over our day-to-day lives and usually, worrying about things that most wouldn’t think twice about.
Here are 10 simple tips to try; to help you to worry less.
- Imagine the worst thing that could possibly happen. Then ask yourself how likely that would be, and could you cope with it.
- Wake up and think positive thoughts straight away.
- Remember that you can only do what you can. Don’t try to please others and take small steps.
- Don’t think about others opinions. People are so busy thinking about themselves, they wont even notice what you’re doing.
- Exercise daily. Even just 10 minutes a day.
- Talk about it to a close friend or relative. They can help you rationalised a situation.
- Write it down. It’s good to be able to understand why you worry and writing it down may make you see it from a different perspective.
- Go for a walk, or take some time to clear your head doing something that relaxes you.
- Stop thinking about the past and the future. Stay in the present moment.